The MacBook Air is going to get a successor soon, this according to Bloomberg. Besides having a slimmer price tag and streamlined bezels, the newest Apple incarnation will have a high-res Retina display. The Air’s take two has been a long time coming because Apple has been giving its love and time to its pricier models, specifically the 12 inch MacBook and the MacBook Pro. Air has been considered a sort of educator/poor-man’s model, worth leaving on the bottom shelf for those on straitened means, but not necessarily worth updating. It could be that Apple is recognizing that the Air and other less prestigious models have loyal followers that should be thrown the occasional bone. To that end, Apple has further plans to upgrade the also long-languished Mac Mini, miniature desktop model. New processing and storage upgrades will arrive with a heftier price tag. But, that’s because Apple realizes that Mini users have been multi-tasking on the Mini for some time now and deserve to be able to do so more efficiently.
- The new incarnation has been on the back-burner while Apple has been putting its energy into its 12 inch MacBook and MacBook Pro lines.
- Some have suggested that the far less expensive Air laptop was relegated to the bottom shelf by Apple as a model that attracted mainly educators and pinch-pennies.
- Mini Mac, Apple’s miniature desktop model has also been gathering dust and will be soon given an overhaul.
“Apple is nearing the release of a long-awaited, completely redesigned successor to its MacBook Air laptop, according to Bloomberg.”
- The Ultimate Guide to Public Relations in 2018
- Messenger Bot Funnels: How to Nurture Prospects Toward a Sale
- 3 Easy Website-Personalization Tricks That Will Boost Your Conversion Rates
- What I learned from Flipkart
- Google’s lifesaving Undo Send feature comes to Gmail for Android