What makes a good social media post? Hmmm…
Keeping the Images/Content Interesting
Studies have shown that 65% of audiences are more likely to remember posts when images are paired with the information.
Tweets with images received 150% more retweets.
Instagram photos generate 36% more likes than videos.
Consistency is Key.
Posting regularly on social media platforms is very important because followers will get into the routine.
Average lifespan of social media based on channel:
- Twitter – 18 minutes
- Facebook – 90-minutes
- Instagram – 13-24 hours
- Pinterest – 2-30 days
Company and Customer engagement
Ask and start conversations with your prospects and existing customers. Always keep the questions open-ended and relevant to the business.
92 percent of consumers trust recommendations from people they know and 70 percent of consumers trust peer experiences posted online. People trust and listen to other people.
How to gain followers
Social Media Influencers
- By paying or giving them products, these influencers will talk about your brand, products and/or services on their social media platforms.
- 51 % of marketers believe they get better customers from influencer marketing. That’s because the relationship began with trust in the influencer.
- 74 % of consumers use social media to make purchase decisions
- They are available on most popular social media platforms. Through using hashtags strategically, a company can expand their audience reach.
- Facebook → Posts with:
- 1-2 hashtags receive 593 average interactions per story
- 3-5 hashtags receive 416 average interactions per story
- 6-10 hashtags receive 307 average interactions per story
- 10 or more hashtags width 188 average interactions per story
- Twitter → Posts with:
- Hashtags receive 2x more engagement than those without and
- 1-2 hashtags receive 21% higher engagement and are 55% more likely to be retweeted
- 3 or more hashtags show 17% drop in engagement
- Instagram → Posts with:
- 11 or more hashtags received nearly 80% interaction
- 10 or less hashtags receive just 22% interaction
- 2 hashtags receive 41% interaction
- Google + (often generated automatically, but you can of course still create your own)
Giveaways are a widely-used marketing strategy. Everyone loves free stuff!
Stalk Your Competitors
I mean that’s what everyone does on social media right, stalk one another’s profiles? Hehe Apply this method to your competitors as well. Ask yourself, what are they doing right that is getting them so many followers and likes and what are YOU doing wrong?
What to look for when “stalking”
- Content they are posting
- Social media channels they are using
- Posting schedule
- Who is following them
- Who they are following
- Post with most likes
Through looking for these it will give you a clear idea of how they are achieving social media success and what you should apply to your own social media channels to grow like them. But of course keep your posts and social media channels authentic to you as people would love that much more compared to a copy.
Measure your results
At least once a week keep track of your social media posts and followers. You can do it the old fashion way by keeping a log and writing it down in a notebook, keeping information in a document or with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter they already have a system that analyses and keeps track of it for you!
This makes it so much easier for you to see what is working with your audience and what isn’t.
Some of the graphics used were created by Freepik
- Messenger Bot Funnels: How to Nurture Prospects Toward a Sale
- 3 Easy Website-Personalization Tricks That Will Boost Your Conversion Rates
- What I learned from Flipkart
- Google’s lifesaving Undo Send feature comes to Gmail for Android
- MyCyberSale 2018 Offers Malaysia’s BIGGEST Online Shopping Sale Event
- Automatically Social Media Your Blog Posts For Free
- How Instagram Can Help Online Selling – Malaysia
- The 8 Instagram Accounts With the Most Followers — And What Marketers Can Learn From Them
- 7 Scientifically Proven Ways to Get More Clicks on Your Content
- 3 Marketing Podcasts You Absolutely Need To Listen To If You Want To Grow Your Business