In Early July, 2018, Animoto was attacked by hackers, exposing an estimated 21 million peoples critical info , such as location, emails, and dates of birth. According to sources, Animoto is responsible for video content for several social media sites. While they claim they doubt info for each client was complete, like just name and gender of one person versus location and e mail of another, the companies 1 step system made it vulnerable. The company has since asked members to reset passwords and has employed a 2 step process.
- The Animoto data breach occurred on July 10 but it was in early August that the incident was reported to the California attorney general.
- Although user?s geolocation data was breached, the company noted that geolocation data was not being kept for all users.
- Although the number of its 22 million users affected by the breach is not known, the company will notify all its users.
“Names, dates of birth and user email addresses were accessed by hackers, but the company said it wasn?t known if data had been exfiltrated.”
- SCAM ALERT – Fake Company Asking People To Send Them Money For Tasks
- How To Setup Stripe Account For Ecommerce
- How to Create an Effective Facebook Ad Retargeting Funnel
- 3 Facebook Ad Types That Improve Sales
- The Facebook Attribution Window: How Facebook Tracks Conversions