Walmart recently acquired Flipkart. Oliver Rippel learned many things during his time as the company’s board director and recently divulged some secrets. Flipkart was the first company to offer more selections and categories through its marketplace, provide warehouse options, and employ their own delivery service. Although they were known for serving India mostly, they also thought globally with events like Big Billion Day. They employed robust and innovative industry leaders who knew the local scene well but could think big also.
- Flipkart was a massive success story for a short period of time before it faded away.
- If you catch people’s attention, you can definitely go viral rather quickly.
- There are many lessons that can be learned from things like Flipkart and how it got so successful.
“In addition to the obvious financial success ? a 3.6x or $1.6 billion absolute return in six years ? being part of one of the greatest success stories of the Indian and global e-commerce market led to countless insights for Naspers.”
- How To Setup Stripe Account For Ecommerce
- How to Create an Effective Facebook Ad Retargeting Funnel
- 3 Facebook Ad Types That Improve Sales
- The Facebook Attribution Window: How Facebook Tracks Conversions
- How to Quickly & Easily Create a Buyer Persona [Free Tool]
- One Medical may be in talks to raise more than $200 million
- 3 Marketing Podcasts You Absolutely Need To Listen To If You Want To Grow Your Business
- Here are the 63 startups that launched today at Y Combinator’s S18 Demo Day 1
- Animoto hack exposes personal information, geolocation data
- Mobile Ad Spending Is Skyrocketing